Guidelines and Application Instructions
Organizational Impact Grants are intended to help small arts organizations in Santa Clara County strengthen internal systems, structures and approaches to supporting their artistic mission and programs.
Are you coming into the new year ready to tackle an organizational challenge, to reimagine an organizational strategy, or test a new approach to revenue generation? Organizational Impact Grants provide targeted, one-time funding to support organizations in building internal capacity. Awards provide an opportunity for organizations to give focussed attention to a particular area of need, working either internally or with the support of outside consultants. Note, artistic programs and projects are not eligible for funding under this grant program. Nor is this grant unrestricted.
Projects may address challenges related to:
- Marketing & Communications
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Goals
- Board Development
- Staff/Board Organizational Structures
- Audience Engagement
- Leadership transitions
This grant is made possible through SVCREATES funding partnership with Applied Materials Foundation.
Open to organizations who’ve received one or more grants (of any type, eg. Operating, Access, Technical Support, or Relief & Recovery) from SVCREATES in the past three years. Organizational Impact Grants will be competitive and limited by available funding. Partial funding may be awarded.
- Eligible organizations will be based in Santa Clara County (eg. have a primary performance, exhibition, or office space in the county and serve primarily Santa Clara County residents).
- Eligible organizations will have 501(c)(3) status or a qualified fiscal sponsor.
- Eligible organizations will have received one or more grants from SVCreates in the past three years.
- Eligible organizations will have annual operating expenses of $750,000 or less, based on an average of the past three completed fiscal years.
- Project supports/advances organization mission or activities.
- Application clearly articulates an organizational challenge.
- Project description includes a thoughtful strategy for addressing/exploring the identified challenge.
- Organizational readiness and capacity to complete the project within funding scope and timeframe.
Within 60 days of completion of the project, or by August 1, 2024 (whichever is sooner) grantee will provide a short narrative noting the results of the project, what was accomplished and what was learned; and how funds were expended.
The 2023 Organizational Impact Grant cycle is now closed.
If you have questions about this program or application, please contact SVCREATES Program Manager, Alyssa Erickson.
408-998-2787 ext. 204