SVCREATES has been selected as the Administering Organization for the 2023 California Arts Council (CAC) Individual Artist Fellowship (IAF) Program for Region 3 - Central California, which includes 17 counties across Central California: Fresno, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, San Mateo, Santa Barbara, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Stanislaus, Tulare, and Ventura. IAF Program grants support individual artistic practice through unrestricted funding and state-wide recognition to artists at key moments in their careers, elevating their capacity for continued contribution to the field and our state. The IAF program is intended to support a broad spectrum of artists working in all disciplines, from diverse geographies and communities of all sizes across California.
This year the CAC has divided the state into four regions for the administration of this fellowship program in order to help ensure that artists in every county in the state are engaged and represented in the awards process and application opportunity. SVCREATES’ will partner with local arts agencies in counties throughout Central California to provide outreach and application support at the local level in an effort to ensure that artists in Santa Clara County and surrounding counties have more equitable access to this program.
This program will grant awards in three fellowship categories:
- Emerging Artist Fellows - $5,000
- Emerging artists are those in the beginning stages of making their work public and engaging the larger community in their practice. Individuals at this career stage may have had a few public showings of their work, but do not yet have ongoing resources or support.
- Established Artist Fellows - $10,000
- Artists in the Established tier regularly make their work public and engage the larger community in their practice. Individuals in this tier should be able to provide multiple examples of artistic and/or cultural works that have made a significant social impact.
- Legacy Artist Fellows - $50,000
- Artists in the Legacy tier can point to a significant body of work, produced over a substantial period of time, that has engaged their communities, and that has made significant social impact. Artists in this tier may be able to point to Emerging and Established Artists that they have mentored or influenced.